Monday, November 1, 2010

Chelsea Bob's Discount Video Killed the Radio Star vol.I :An Island in the Sun...


Spike Jonze or doing one of the best music videos of the story from a pretty simple concept. Who does not like this is that it has no soul.
PS: The great song by Weezer also helps (a lot).
WW II: It occurred to me that to maintain this blog more alive than late, could make a kind of overview of my favorite music videos.
I, like most people of our generation grew up in a time when the video was fully established and consolidated as a means of promotion for a single.
I remember getting up every Saturday morning to watchreviewing the list of the Top 40 that did Fernandisco in Canal +, and also see snippets that did during the week at lunchtime.
I have always loved the music. I have more tapes and VHS tapes with dozens of them recorded, which would never see, among other things because I messed up the video and I have never have another player. Many of these bands made me fall in love, others hate them - including some years later they have become part of my favorites like Depeche Mode and The Cure ... I suppose one is quite impressionable at age 12 ...

The fact is that, for me the art of music video

0 comments:

Post a Comment